Aperture #3 is all layering. I paint one layer in a session, then wait for it to dry (hint… it’s oil), and then I paint another layer, and on and on… I think I was still layering this painting all the way up to the Aperture Show, a year and a half later!
I see the pieces of the Aperture Series as entryways into other states of perception: from the subconscious, to imagination, to clear moments of pure specific direction.
Aside from maybe an idea of which colors to use or what technique (you can’t put everything into one painting); I dive into each painting like an explorer in a foreign land and allow it to show me what it wants to be.
I work on these 36″x 48″ Gessobords with oils and palette knives. They’re cradled in 2 inch birch wood and varnished with a UV gloss finish to keep the color from fading out.
- All taxes included. Hanging hardware included. Painting is shipped in a crate.
- Shipping and insurance included if purchased within the continental USA.
- International orders may be available depending on location.
- International shipping and insurance not included in price.
- 15% discount if you live in the western part of Washington State, USA.
- Additional discounts available for multiple purchases.