Aperture #6 is a study on duotones —It’s amazing how much more freedom you can find when you set up a specific set-parameter of limitations. Regardless, I still did spend much fun time lost on the little fiddly-doodles and waiting for the black or the yellow to dry so I could counter the color. I see a whole series of these duotones not so far in the horizon…
I see the pieces of the Aperture Series as entryways into other states of perception: from the subconscious, to imagination, to clear moments of pure specific direction.
Aside from maybe an idea of which colors to use or what technique (you can’t put everything into one painting); I dive into each painting like an explorer in a foreign land and allow it to show me what it wants to be.
I used oils and palette knives on this 36″x 48″ Gessobord. It is cradled in 2″ birch wood with UV gloss varnish.
- All taxes included. Hanging hardware included. Painting is shipped in a crate.
- Shipping and insurance included if purchased within the continental USA.
- International orders may be available depending on location.
- International shipping and insurance not included in price.
- 15% discount if you live in the western part of Washington State, USA.
- Additional discounts available for multiple purchases.