Visions #1 was a bit of a re-visit of masking at the beginning (I also used that technique on Aperture #7 :), this time I worked on a couple of very specific shapes and I thought it was done, when one day… I just painted over it! —In one session, everything changed and it became alive.
Visions #1 was supposed to be part of the Aperture Series but it stood out like such a sore thumb, like a something. I think it came to tell me there was another series. One that’ll happen when it happens… The Visions Series feels like they are very concrete ideas, yet totally abstract. Almost like messages.
Aside from maybe an idea of which colors to use or what technique (you can’t put everything into one painting); I dive into each painting like an explorer in a foreign land and allow it to show me what it wants to be.
I used oils and palette knives on this 36″x 48″ Gessobord. It is cradled in 2″ birch wood with UV gloss varnish.
- All taxes included. Hanging hardware included. Painting is shipped in a crate.
- Shipping and insurance included if purchased within the continental USA.
- International orders may be available depending on location.
- International shipping and insurance not included in price.
- 10% discount if you live in the western part of Washington State, USA.
- Additional discounts available for multiple purchases.