Aperture #4 at one point was some sort of Jade webbed figure, kind of Mayan looking and before that it almost remained as a golden-orange abstract background. I might make that one at some point, it was a cool looking idea. But, I kept painting and this piece became a deep immersion, a beautiful journey. It took many layers over several months to complete.
I see the pieces of the Aperture Series as entryways into other states of perception: from the subconscious, to imagination, to clear moments of pure specific direction.
Aside from maybe an idea of which colors to use or what technique (you can’t put everything into one painting); I dive into each painting like an explorer in a foreign land and allow it to show me what it wants to be.
I used oils and palette knives on this 36″x 48″ Gessobord. It is cradled in 2″ birch wood with UV gloss varnish.
- All taxes included. Hanging hardware included. Painting is shipped in a crate.
- Shipping and insurance included if purchased within the continental USA.
- International orders may be available depending on location.
- International shipping and insurance not included in price.
- 15% discount if you live in the western part of Washington State, USA.
- Additional discounts available for multiple purchases.