Aperture #9 is a monochromatic study. I originally had intended to make a background for something like Aperture #4 but with the color palette inverted. And since I had contemplated at an early point on that one —to do something like this— I thought: maybe I’ll leave it at that; but I didn’t. I guess this is what happened here, and… I’m happy with the decision ;)
The Aperture Series, I see them as entryways into other states of perception: from the subconscious, to imagination, to clear moments of pure specific direction.
Aside from maybe an idea of which colors to use or what technique (you can’t put everything into one painting); I dive into each painting like an explorer in a foreign land and allow it to show me what it wants to be.
I used oils and palette knives on this 36″x 48″ Gessobord. It is cradled in 2″ birch wood with UV gloss varnish.
- All taxes included. Hanging hardware included. Painting is shipped in a crate.
- Shipping and insurance included if purchased within the continental USA.
- International orders may be available depending on location.
- International shipping and insurance not included in price.
- 15% discount if you live in the western part of Washington State, USA.
- Additional discounts available for multiple purchases.